Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday's REAL menu

Well, it's day one of my weekly menu, and I've already deviated somewhat. Pookie is home sick from school yet again. This makes 16 days this semester. Since my menu plan only accounts for me and Deedle Bug for breakfast and lunch, I had to make some changes.

For breakfast I cut up bacon, and mixed it in scrambled eggs for breakfast soft tacos. Pookie doesn't like eggs by themselves.

For lunch I used the last of a loaf of Udi's gluten free bread for PB&J sandwiches. A treat for us, we don't buy bread very often.

Dinner I am sticking to my guns, and I am just about to pull it out of the oven. I am using OfficeMan's recipe, or trying to. He seasons first with salt and pepper, adds sauce, and turns with a sauce addition every 10-15 minutes baking at 350 for about an hour. Let me tell you, you've never had BAKED chicken this good ;)

My veggies I took the last of a bag of california mixed vegetables from Sams club, they are in a cast iron dutch oven over med-high heat with EVOO, salt, pepper and some dill. I love dill, how it tastes, how it smells how fresh it looks in my food.

So here is todays true rundown from my menu plan. I didn't deviate THAT much, right?

2 comments:

  1. Dill... how interesting.. I must say.. I don't use it.... in what dishes does it work best... or is it like my garlic... what DOESN'T it go good in? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it on anything I didn't like it on, LOL. It's great on diced roasted potatos with EVOO and garlic and S&P, also great if you slice carrots and sautee in EVOO or coconut oil, add garlic and S&P. Good on Chicken with a dash of cayenne or paprika. Thats most of what I've used it on so far. It's just one of my go-to spices. I wouldn't put it on green beans or peas.... or any type of beans really :)

      Delete